Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Poverty Poster
In 1912 an organization called African National Congress (ANC) was formed, by a group of black African intellectuals (smart people).
Nelson Mandela was the first black president of South Africa in 1994. At that time the white and the black are separated, it is called apartheid. He faught for freedom and improved black lives. He also changed the law in the past, that is black are seporated from the white. In order to everyone can stay together and have equal rights. Louis Botha was the Afrikaaner prime minister of South Africa in 1911. He passed the Mines and Works Acts, these laws created a color bar in employment. This meant that blacks were banned from most well-paid job and forced to do low paid, unskilled job.
In 1913 the Native Land Act was passed which meant that black African were not allowed to buy land from or sell it to white people. The act allocated (apportion, share) 92.7 percent of the land to the country's white population (1.5 million people). The majority (mass, or lots) black population (5.5 million people) was given the remaining 7.3 percent of the land.