Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Glen Canyon Dam
Transcript of Glen Canyon Dam
When and why as the Glen Canyon built?
The Glen Canyon was built 52 years ago in 1963.
The Glen Canyon was built to provide hydroelectricity and a regular flow from the upper Colorado River to the lower.
It was also built to control flooding.
Problems and Conflicts with the Glen Canyon
The dam faild in 1983 as a result of a flood at the upper colorado river.
20 years after it was built.
the dam was achored in the unstable Navajo sandstone.
Its wasting hundred thousand acre feet of water.
Why and how was the Glen Canyon
The Calorado River Storage Project athorized the construction for the dam.
Which was passed by a slim majority.
How the Glen Canyon Dam can be used today
Its used to prevent flooding.
"the engineers at the dam who jerk the river upand down depending, we concluded, on how much electricity they want to generate at any given time"
by Will Hobbs