Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rock Candy
by: William Schuele
Adding some food coloring.
The water absorbed as much sugar as possible.
Rock candy world
How does a supersaturated solution work?
When a solution is heated (in this case water) it is able to absorb more solute (sugar) than it normally would. The supersaturated solution is unstable and as it cools the sugar begins to precipitate (come out of) the solution forming crystals.
Candied sugar has it origins in Iran.
In the 9th century Islamic writers
described the production of candy
sugar, where crystals were grown as a
result of cooling supersaturated sugar
watching the sugar dissolve in the boiling
Let the sugar
Yellow one is crystallizing.
when Dad is left
Making rock candy is science
that tastes good.