Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Heat Transfer
3 Methods of Heat Transfer
The three method of heat energy are conduction, convection, and Radiation.
What is Heat?
Air or water can be heated and then spread that heat throughout the rest of the fluid by a process called convection.
During the process of conduction, the heat excites the molecules at one end, starts them moving, and transfers the energy from hot to cold.
The source of all energy
Why do you think this person is wearing a glove?
How is it possible to walk on burning coals without getting burnt?
In convection, the warmer fluid rises, spreads out, cools down, and sinks to be warmed again.
Why is the heater located on the floor?
Heat can be transferred by waves, also known as Radiation. Radiation is energy that is not converted into heat until it comes in contact with matter. The object creating the heat is not in contact with the object that is feeling the heat.
Why in the desert it's hot in the day but cold at the day?