Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How does media affect a child?
Transcript of How does media affect a child?
*Ipad *Computers *Cellphones Examples Project in Georgetown -TVTOWN -use emotion and action menus to interact with other children online - GOAL? -To see how children build their identities -To present themselves Kids attitudes and behaviours are changing 12% increase aggressive behaviour after watching violent television What do doctors say? -under age 2 should not watch as much t.v -large gorup of pediatricians suggests that children to play instead However... -children do improve their language and social skills Example: Sesame Street may have negative impact on language developement BUT some tv shows have a bad impact on kids What parents should do? -set limits -try not putting t.v in bedroom -partcipate in sports/activities -outdoors How it affects the body? -shorten attention span -distort body image -create fear -increase aggressive/anti-social behaviours poor food choices/overeat weight gain/poor fitness levels message they see on t.v?