Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Structure of an Atom
Transcript of Structure of an Atom
1. Sub atomic particles
2. Atomic Number and Mass Number
are of course smaller than the atoms
Atomic Number and Atomic mass
When an atom is charged either positive or negative.
Calculate the number of electrons, protons and neutrons to determine an element.
Sub-atomic Particles of an atom
Did you know that there are more than 200 sub-atomic particles
So we will just the study the 2 fundamental types
2 most fundamental types of particles are
Elementary particles that do NOT participate in holding the nucleus together
elementary particles that DO participate in holding the nucleus together.
also known as proton number
in a neutral atom the number of proton is the same as number of electron.
it is the sum of protons and neutrons in a nucleus.
In many cases, atoms of the same element are different too.
When the element/ atom gets more electron
When the atom loses an electron
Here's to sum it up.