Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Research Proposal Presentation
Transcript of Research Proposal Presentation
a 'regular' band setup? What instrument would you like most being added to a DJ set/ electronic music performance? Question 3: Question 4: Do you think seeing a DJ or laptop performer live is interesting? Question 5: Would you be interested in a live electronic music performance in which the music is played in surround sound to the audience? Conclusion
"Live electronic music performance is currently very advanced
but could be developed more due to the availability of modern
equipment, software and techniques" Methodology A live electronic music performance which includes several acoustic instruments and in which the dominant tool, the computer, is controlled by a custom designed MIDI controller whilst the performance is conveyed in surround. Plan Of Approach The plan is to produce an EDM influenced track myself and start rehearsing whit musicians after the track is finished, to replace electronically composed parts during the live performance. Depending on the instruments that are going to be used and the exact set up I will design and construct a MIDI controller especially for this specific live performance. To-do List 1 - Theoretical Research 2 - Compose and Produce the track 3 - Select musicians 4 - Design the setup of the live performance 5 - Design and construct the MIDI controller 6 - Rehearsing 7 - Performing and Recording
(Both audio and video) 8 - Interview with the audience for post performance reactions 9 - Analysis This will include: - Roots and evolution of electronic music performance - Modern performing tools and techniques - The computer as an instrument - Electronic music performance VS band - MIDI technology - Stage routing and live mixing techniques - Surround sound technology The Musicians - The idea is to replace some of the digitally composed parts by acoustical instruments during the live performance
- Concluding from the results of the survey I am going to add at least live acoustic drums and vocals
- Besides this there might be one or two other instruments included The Location The location of the performance is going to be in the entrance hall of SAE Institute Rotterdam. Reasons for this are: 1 - Good acoustics 2 - Surrounded by studio and recording equipment 3 - Availability of film equipment This is already approved by SAE Management Expected Outcome I expect that it will be difficult to convince people of the advantages behind electronic music performance, but with the help of some good musicians, I predict that it is possible to prove my hypothesis Proposal Conclusion - Title During this presentation we have discussed the: - Hypothesis - Methodology - Prediction I Thank you all for paying attention Are there any questions? Measuring the results Example: “A live band combined with a DJ can make for a cracking night. A good band has the ability to create a totally different atmosphere on the dance floor to that of a DJ and by working together they can make a special night for all in attendance…” Lee, R. 2012 Moldover performing with his custom designed MIDI controller Crowded Beats playing drums and controlling Ableton at the same time Kraftwerk performing live - Institute of Sonology This experiment is going to be measured by interviewing the audience after the performance. Depending on the outcome of these interviews the hypothesis is either going to be proved or disproved. - Most people still prefer seeing a live band - Most people prefer drums, both in a regular band set-up as well as being added to an electronic music performance. - Almost all respondents think that a live electronic music performance in which the music is played in surround sound to the audience would be an interesting idea Assignment 2000/S2