Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Structure of DNA
Transcript of Structure of DNA
By Mrs. Alcorn
Structure of DNA: Discovered in 1953.
Watson and Crick
They used Rosalind Franklin's data as a basis for their model.
A Little History...
DNA is found in all living things.
DNA contains instructions for making a complete organism.
DNA is shaped like a twisted ladder.
Aka "Double Helix"
Three parts of a nucleotide:
1. Phosphate group
2. Deoxyribose (5 Carbon Sugar)
3. Nitrogenous Bases
4 Nitrogenous Bases:
The bases form the "steps" of the ladder.
Chargaff Base Pairing Rules:
Adenine always pairs with thymine.
Cytosine always pairs with guanine.
RNA: ribonucleic acid
Contains uracil ("U") instead of thymine ("T").
Three types of RNA:
DNA: Deoxyribonucleic acid!
Nucleotide: Monomer of DNA