Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Handy's Shamrock Organization
Transcript of Handy's Shamrock Organization
who handle the daily operations of the business. They are crucial to the operations, survival, and the growth of the business. E-commerce and teleworking has led to the downsizing and restructuring of the workforce. This consists of part-time, temporary, and portfolio workers who are employed as and when they are required. They are usually paid by the hour or day for short periods of employment. This helps reduce labor costs for the firm. These workers form the flexible workforce and constitutes a greater proportion of the workforce. This group consists of individuals that are not employed by the organization but are paid to complete a particular task. Examples of
these people include freelance workers, subcontractors, agencies, and the
self-employed. Handy got the name of 'shamrock organization' from the shamrock plant (a three-leaf clover) Advantages and Disadvantages 1. The core workers must be well paid and reminerated because they are vital to the organization.
2. The insourced workers will suffer from a lack of job security, be well motivated, and highly productive. They will, though, present flexibility and are easier to 'hire and fire'