Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sphynx
Author: Joanne Mattern
By: Haylie Adams
Have you ever noticed your sphynx's eyes watering or drooping?
Sphynx cats are known for their genetic eye problems. They have eyes that water and droop all of time which causes their eyes to hurt them. The best way to clean out their eyes is
to use a cotton ball and wipe
away germs and eye boogers.
Most cats don't really like this
cleaning process but it is
Have you ever wondered how the first hairless cat ever came to be?
In 1903, two hairless cats were born in New Mexico. These cats were called New Mexican Hairless cats. Today's sphynx breed began by accident in 1966. In 1975, a cat in Wadena, Minnesota, produced several hairless kittens.
In 1978, three
hairless kittens were
found in the streets
in Toronto, Canada.
The sphynx cat is almost hairless, this means they need a lot of warmth. A heated blanket and sweaters will do the job. The sphynx also
has a weak immune
system that makes
them prone to
diseases. This means you
need to keep your cat
healthy. If your cat scratches
a lot you may also want to
consider declawing it.
What happens when a sphynx cat gets oily?
The Sphynx cat has no hair to keep oils and dirt off of them. This causes them to get dirty and oily very easily. You should bathe your hairless cat at least twice a week.
* Size: The sphynx cat is a medium-sized, muscular breed.
* Weight: A male sphynx weighs between 8 and 10 pounds. Most females weigh between 6 and 8 pounds.
* Physical Features: Sphynx cats have almost no fur. They have very large ears, and large, oval-shaped eyes. Sphynx cats have wedge-shaped heads.
* Colors: Sphynx cats can be many colors. These colors include white, black, brown and even red.
* Place Of Origin: These cats originated from Ontario, Canada.
Tips to cleaning a sphynx
-Never dig to deep while cleaning out their ears.
-Bathe your cat once a week to keep them from getting oily.
-Always clean out your cats water and food bowl so they don't get sick.