Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Exploratory Robots
1. What task does the robot perform? What human function or task does this robot simulate?
They are used to explore places humans cannot, such as space and underwater.
2. Where is the robot used? What is its work envelope (how many degrees of freedom or flexible joints does it have)?
Space robots have 3 flexible joints and 6 degrees of freedom.
Underwater robots have none.
4. How is the robot taught to perform its task?
The robot is programmed to perform its task.
3. Is the robotic end effector multi-functional? If so, what other tasks can it perform?
Multitask - pick up rock/soil samples and detect obstacles.
6. Name some advantages and disadvantages of using a robot to complete this task.
Advantages - numerous space and underwater discoveries.
Disadvantages - Cost lots of money.
5. What sensors does the robot have and how does the robot use these sensors?
They have sensors that are activated when they run into something.
The future of space and underwater exploration
7. Describe the impact that this robot has or has had or could have on its intended audience?
Exploratory robots have made a huge impact on our world today. The have explored many places we would never be able to go to like the Mars Rover.
8. What type of jobs/careers can this robot create to provide employment for people?
Exploratory robots create jobs for people since the robots need people to maintain the robots and make sure they are functioning properly.
9. Predict and explain how this robot may be altered to preform more or different tasks in the future?
They may alter it so it can with stand hotter temperatures and more pressure so they can go to hotter places and planets. Also if they can withstand more pressure they can go deeper into the sea.