Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Third-party Logistics is simply the use of an outside compan
Transcript of Third-party Logistics is simply the use of an outside compan
A global view glimpse
Third-party Logistics: is simply the use of an outside company to perform all or part of the firm’s materials management and product distribution function.
: Air, Ocean, Road, Rail.
: Inventory, VMI, Cross-Docking, Inbound & Outbound.
: Shipping, Order-Fulfillment.
Value Added Services
: Assembly,Kitting, Labeling, Re-Packing, Repair, Inspection.
Information & Financial Services
: Data, leasing, financial factoring operations.
3PL an External supplier
Other companies integrating & offering subcontracted logistics and transportation services
Who are 3PLs?
Economies of Scale
Focus on core business activities
Improve service level
Why use a 3PL?