Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 1-1 workbook
Transcript of Chapter 1-1 workbook
- enforceable rules of conduct in a society, reflect the culture and circumstances that create them.
- laws grouped in and organized form.
3. Common law
- law based on the current standards or customs of people.
4. Positive law
- law based on the dictates of a central political authority
- the power to decide a case
Concept review #7-8
7.Why do societies need laws and courts?
- To keep order and peace.
8.What powers do the courts have when personal or private property is damaged or destroyed?
- The courts can prove the proper person liable for the damaged property.
Goals review #9-11
9. Explain the stages in the evolution of law.
-Theological, metaphysical, and positivity.
10. Describe the differences between common law and positive law.
-Common law is pronounced by judges and positive law is taken to a above power.
11. Describe the difference between law courts and equity courts.
-Law courts go directly by the laws (no bending the rules), and equity courts are more fair.