Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Transfers
- Central Park was the first landscaped public park in the United States.
-On July 21, 1853, the New York State Legislature enacted into law the setting aside of more than 750 acres of land central to Manhattan Island to create America's first major landscaped public park
- Central Park is located in New York City, in the heart of Manhattan. It is a national historical landmark that draws in approximately 40 million visitors from all over the world every year.
- Central Park is 843 acres today
Central Park is not a natural park. It is landscaped.
It is the most visited park in the United States, taking in about 37.5 million visitors per year.
Central Park used to be covered in glaciers, the most recent melted 12,000 years ago
WE HAD A BLAST!
HISTORY OF CENTRAL PARK
- We Got Lost On the subway.
we didn't know what train to take
nor the station to take it from.
- We also found ourselves finding
hidden paths through out the trees
and path ways under bridges.
- We also had the chance to meet
tourist visiting for the first time.
from England, Germany, and even
- Our Group noticed that Diversity
was major in the east
side of the park.
- One of the responses from the
tourist when we asked them about
How was there experience for the
"The last time I visited the park was during cold weather, and now NYC is experiencing unseasonably warm weather for December. So we went for a stroll through the park. There were many unique spots to visit. We sat next to a small pond and watched no less than 4 wedding parties come to the park for photos. During our walk we actually witnessed another wedding. Visiting on a Saturday afternoon, the park was quite busy. Between pedi cabs, horse drawn carriages, runners, cyclists, dog walkers and folks just strolling - there were a lot of people! I'm not sure why, but by the pedi cab area on the north west side of the park, it smelled horribly of urine - gross. Other than that, we were able to walk to the John Lennon Strawberry Fields Imagine memorial. Overall enjoyed our visit!"
- Many events are held throughout Central Park.
- Events are held almost every day of the year.
- Some popular events are ice skating, 5k runs, biking,walking, and horse carriage tours.
- Person events, like marriages, can also be held in the park.
With its endless trails, hidden nooks, museums and nearby night spots, Central Park is that rare tourist destination that is also a pleasure ground for locals, students, tourist, musicians and children.
- Created on a patch of unwanted land to help put New York on the international map.
- Huge attraction for anyone that visits or lives in New York City.
- Family friendly activities
- Over 800 acres -
- Brings a natural beauty and peace to a city full of buildings and craziness
- Fun for all ages