Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Proofs of God's Existence
Transcript of Proofs of God's Existence
From emotions and desire. Historical Conclusion C.S. Lewis The Argument From Desire First
Premise The "Kalam" Argument 0 + - = 9 8 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 c Newman: Conscience speaks with absolute authority, which could come only from God. Cosmological The Design Argument Second Premise: Did the universe – the collection of all things bound by space and time - begin to exist? A certain type of philosophical theology – a type containing demonstrations that the world could not be infinitely old and must therefore have been created by God.
First Premise: The Universe has a cause for its coming into being. This sequence of events did not happen only by COINCIDENCE or CHANCE, but they were CAREFULLY ARRANGED in order to pave the way for the arrival of Jesus. Thank You!! God Jesus Holy Spirit The Argument from Conscience Holy
Trinity - Creator - Begotten son of God God as spiritually active in the world Holy Spirit From: The Voice For Love * Bridge to God within you.
* Part of your mind - part of your Spirit - that is joined with the mind of God.
*Its function and purpose is to bring God's voice to each of God's children, guiding them, directing them, loving them, and restoring their thinking to God's.
* The Holy Spirit is our Conscience.
" The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is fully God. He is eternal, has a will and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus." Conscience -an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior The Holy Spirit is alive.
The Holy Spirit is our Conscience.
The Holy Spirit is God.
God is our Conscience.
Therefore, God is alive. He truly exists. * Creation reflects its creator.
* The universe evidences great complexity or design; thus, it must have been designed by a great Designer or God. “If God is unreal, Jesus was history’s biggest fool or fake.” The world was ready for Jesus. Only GOD can do such thing. Innate desires correspond to real objects, and we have an innate desire (At least unconsciously) for God, and Heaven. Every natural, innate desire in us corresponds to some real object that can satisfy that desire.But there exists in us a desire which nothing in time, nothing on earth, no creature can satisfy.Therefore there must exist something more than time, earth and creatures, which can satisfy this desire.This something is what people call "God" and "life with God forever." The first premise implies a distinction of desires into two kinds: innate and externally conditioned, or natural and artificial. Natural desires come from within, from our nature, while the artificial ones come from without, from society, advertising or fiction. Natural desires are found in all of us, but the artificial ones vary from person to person. Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for these desires exists. A baby feels hunger; well, there is such a thing as food. A dolphin wants to swim; well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire; well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. (Mere Christianity, Bk. III, chap. 10, "Hope") There is a moving and mysterious X which pulls us to itself and pulls all our images and concepts out of themselves. In other words, the only concept of God in this argument is the concept of that which transcends concepts, something "no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived" (1 Cor. 2:9). Roxy Cortez
Dale Sarmiento God is nowhere God is now here! "There is no pit so deep that God’s love is not deeper still." (Corrie Ten Boom, The Hiding Place) In a nutshell, the cause of the universe’s coming into being is a Creator. Something so complex and sophisticated cannot be brought in by chance. There has to be an ingenious designer behind these marvelous creations. Not just any designer though, a God. Yes, the universe began to exist. It has a definite starting time. For simplicity’s sake, it would be contradictory if the universe never had a beginning. If it never had a beginning, the present day shouldn’t have been reached yet, or the process of reaching it was not infinite to begin with. But, we all know that the present has been reached. Therefore, the process of getting to where we are now is not infinite. As a result, the universe has a beginning.