Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Corona
The indirect competitions are the type of competition that does not produce the same product as the company but it produces products that take from the market share.
Jelly Beans/Jelly Cola
Wafers (Loackers, Shemadan, etc)
Mini Cakes (Todo, Twinkies, etc)
According to the survey results, Corona decided to launch new products
Corona’s main competitors are
(According to the first preferences of the interviewees):
1- Galaxy: 42 interviewees
2- KitKat: 36 interviewees
3- Twix: 31 interviewees
4- Snickers: 25 interviewees
5- Cadbury: 16 interviewees
6- Mars: 12 interviewees
7- Corona: 10 interviewees
New Flavors +Packaging
Ahmed Abdel Aziz
Farida El Kady
Nada El Tabei
The Alexandria Confectionery & Chocolate Company - Corona was established year 1919 by Tomy Khresto, to become the first Confectionery & Chocolate company in the Egyptian market.
The company was nationalized in 1963 & become the icon of the public sector in sweet snacks. Soon become close to all Egyptian consumers' hearts triggering desire & directly linked to Confectionery & Chocolates
- The company operates a factory in Alexandria and has 13 distribution branches in Egypt covering 35,000 outlets.
- Throughout the years, established for itself a solid platform becoming the "Quality Manufacturer since 1919". Then it was privatized in 2000, bought by Sonid Group " Eng.Sami Saad", One of the leading private holdings that has diversity within the Egyptian Market & Beyond.
Invest in research & development to always deliver our brands with their nostalgic identity mixed with a Modern Twist.
To Make Corona become a future Umbrella Mega Brand in Egypt & Beyond.
- Brand History and Heritage
- Brand Equity
- The company, after its privation, has become under the umbrella of a huge company, which emphasizes a great financial budgets as well as a past experience that may leads to more efficient management.
- Company owns 7 main factories and also owns a cocoa bean processing facility
- Limited production lines and the bureaucracy that has been managing the company for years and leaded to its recession many times.
- Being far from the market for many long years has transmitted a wrong image of the company and getting back to the market won’t happen easily.
- Poor brand image due to little/no advertising, and deteriorating taste quality.
- The company still has a great opportunity to conquer the chocolate market due the historical background of the company as well as the large segment that the company is targeting.
- With a population of 90 million and a target of more than 40 million people, the company would have a great potential to compete locally and regionally.
- Huge competitors that Corona must deal with and the enormous variety of prices that the competitors offer
- The extensive existence of imported chocolate products is also a huge threat – as Corona needs to compete with both local (Ex: Cadbury, Galaxy) and international (Ex: Lindt) brands
The survey showed that, the real problem of Corona is not about the taste of the chocolate nor the price, 25 interviewees voted for them, however, the real problems are the packaging, distribution and advertisements.
According to the survey, 79% of the interviewees didn’t know that most restaurants use corona hot chocolate which implies that people are not aware of Corona’s Hot Chocolate taste.
For Corona to compete with famous chocolate brands:
- New slogan that associates itself with a certain lifestyle.
- Better advertisements and better packaging that are going to attract people.
- Introduction of new flavors.
Corona Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder is an existing product that needs to be more popular.
- Uncommon yet new flavors
- BREAKTHROUGH PRODUCT:
Blended Cocoa Raspberry and Coconut Truffles
- These new flavors will target many segments
using "Differentiated Marketing"
A, B and C class.
Corona has different products for different classes, For the A and B class (higher and middle income levels), it has Blended Cocoa Raspberry and Coconut Truffles. For the C class (lower income level), it has the plain chocolate bar, honey chocolate bar, cinnamon chocolate bar and the hot chocolate as they are at a reasonable prices.
Males & Females
Cairo and other governerates
Corona will use multiple Psychographic segmentations; specifically lifestyle.
As a result of segmentation strategy, Corona divides the market using not only one market segmentation, but using them simultaneously in order to divide the market into more diverse and distinct groups with clear definitions of their needs, wants and demands from this brand.
Value Proposition: "...products are always accompanied with top quality ingredients, 100% chocolate, and no artificial flavors."
All the products are made of 100% chocolate as Corona already owns a cocoa bean processing facility.
Corona does not use any artificial flavors, therefore, the chocolate has a shorter shelf life as compared to other chocolate brands.
Corona uses top quality ingredients to ensure that customers receive the best chocolate possible.
- Higher raw material quality
- New flavors:
Honey Chocolate Bar
Cinnamon Chocolate Bar
Blended Raspberry & Coconut Truffles
- New, attractive packaging
Selling Price: 3.5 LE
Packet of 3: 9 LE
Selling Price: 10 LE (small packet)
17 LE (regular packet)
- Make products available in almost all groceries, supermarkets and Kiosks
- Construct a strong supply chain to include many wholesalers and retailers
- Build trustful relationships with them
-Improve the relationship with intermediaries
- Free Sampling in hypermarkets and universitites
- Special Prices when purchasing bulks
- Banners in restaurants for cocoa powder
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Sponsor Egypt's National Football Team
-New ad that is filmed by us :)
Slogan & Advertisement
Slogan: “ Celebrating Every Moment”
Budget: 60,000 - 80,000 LE