Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mobile Technology, Mobile Classroom
Transcript of Mobile Technology, Mobile Classroom
University of Illinois
EPSY 590 Why include mobile technology? Multiliteracies (1,7) What will it look like? “Immensely portable, tablets serve as e-readers, video repositories, and web-browsing devices with instant access to thousands of apps— ll in one package that easily fits in a book bag, and even replaces the need for the physical books therein.” (NMC Horizon Report: 2011 K-12 Edition. p.14) What supports are needed? Policies across multiple districts Resources
1. Angelo, J., Conners, K., & Helkowski, T. (2009). Anywhere learning. Educational Leadership, 66, 6.Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/mar09/vol66/num06/Anywhere-Learning.aspx
2. iPad Apps:
a. EverNote Peek-http://www.appannie.com/evernote-peek/
b. Language Builder-http://www.appannie.com/languagebuilder-for-ipad/
c. International Children’s Digital Library-http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icdl-free-books-for-children/id363731638?mt=8
3. Christensen, C.M., Horn M.B., & Johnson C.W. (2008). Distrupting Class: How Distruptive Innovation will Change the Way the World Learns, McGraw Hill: New York.
5.International Children’s Digital Library-http://en.childrenslibrary.org/index.shtml
6.Lambert, M. (2001). 21st century learners and their approaches to learning. Paper presented at the Eighth International Literacy and Education Research Network Conference on Learning, Spetses, Greece. Retrieved from http://ultibase.rmit.edu.au/Articles/sept02/lambert1.pdf
7. New London Group. (1996). A pedagogy of multiliteracies: Designing social futures. Harvard Educational Review, 66, 1.
a. Vision of K-12 students-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-ZVCjfWf8&feature=related
b. 21st Century Pedagogy-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72UFXqa8ZU&feature=related
9Warschauer, M. (2002). Reconceptualizing the digital divide. First Monday, Volume 7, Number 7. Retrieved from http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/viewArticle/967/888. Access (8) Individualized (3) Digital Citizenship (4) Knowledge Networks Mobile learning=Anytime, Anywhere Portable Instant Capacity Connection Materials iPads Appropiate apps Wifi Access Security Acceptable Use Professional Development Collaboration The Mobile Hearing Classroom:
Integrating Auditory & Language Development with 21st Century Skills