Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Smart Grids
Climate changes and
by Michiel Vanthoor
Create a competitive context
- Lower prices
- More initiatives
Greenhouse Gas Effect CO problem
How long will fossil fuels last?
Reliability and security
What with the
cost and customer comfort?
- Should only cover the base load
- As environmental friendly as possible
Not expensive with respect to other solutions
Increase energy efficiency
- Equip homes with smart metering systems
Demand Side Management
- Solar boilers, PV-systems
Perfect for city use
V2G: use the battery of the EV to shave the peaks of the demand curve
Strategies to improve peak shaving
Only environmental friendly if energy in battery is a result of an environmental friendly process!
A lot of technical challenges!
ex. Smart metering systems
Consumer becomes also producer
Importance of pilot projects
Reduction of pollution
Less mobility problems?
... but TSO has to incorporate investments in consumer's cost
In the end the SG price will be lower than price driven by fossil fuels, if we invest today
Customer becomes an important player
State offer financial help if you use renewable energy
Problems to maintain these subsidies because of protest groups
and financial crisis
EV as battery for the grid
Getting paid for doing nothing?
Smart grids turn out to be a good solution to
reduce the overall cost
deliver clean energy
But still a lot of effort to be done concerning technological, economical, social and political topics
use/sell his produced energy
TSO can offer you money to not use your EV
But how to implement exactly?
ex. emergency situations