Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Interesting Facts about Hip-Hop Dance
Transcript of Interesting Facts about Hip-Hop Dance
How it Evolved
Hip-Hop is an energetic dance that evolved with hip-hop music and street jazz. People first started mentioning hip-hop dance in the 70s.
Doctor Ice was a part of a hip-hop group in the 1980's. His career began as a dancer for a rap group called Whodini. Doctor Ice's style of hip-hop dance is more concentrated in breakdancing. He performed on the Phil Donahue Show and has had numerous appearances worldwide for his hip-hop style of dancing.
Kool Herc is one of the founders of Hip-Hop. He came up with a style of dance called breakdancing. "In the late 60's breakdance existed in the form of two separate dances- New York acrobatic style, which we call the lower break, and the Las Angeles- based mime, which we call the upper break."
Hip-hop originated in the Bronx by a DJ named Kool Herc. There are different styles of hip-hop dance.
Styles of Hip-Hop Dance
B-boying or breaking