Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Puma
Tan Yee Ler
Current Brand Strategy
First shaped in 1948
Majestically encaved in a black hue
Accentuates "stability and prominence"
- Reflects 65 years of history of making fast product designs for the fastest athletes on the planet
Current Brand Strategy
"To be the Fastest Sports Brand in the World"
Fast reacting to new trends
Fast in bringing new innovations to the market
Fast in decision making
Fast in solving problems for our partners.
#1 "Customise your Puma"
Select shoe type and size
Issue: "Dull, boring designs"
#2 Collaboration with Runs
Customise your Puma!
Issue: Imagery Extension
- Fun, Exciting
#3 Social Media Marketing
Issue: Lack of Marketing
#4 "Run for your Shoes"
Issue: Increase of likelihood of purchase from health enthusiasts/runners
High number of celebrity endorsements & leveraged brand associations
High level of innovation effort into developing the 'fastest products for the fastest athletes'
Fastest man on
High level of brand recognition resulting from long brand history and extensive marketing and growth since the company’s start
High depth of awareness from easily recognisable logo
Partnership with strong companies such as Ferrari and BMW
Official sponsor of FIFA World Cup
Endorser of many athletes
High level of innovation and design
Price are lower or equivalent to top competitor products
Limited target market through narrow niche focus
Less financial strength compared to top 3 competitors
Lack of advertisements leading to lack of awareness of the brand in the market
Products are not favoured compared to Nike, Asics and Adidas
Ability to expand to other markets such as fitness enthusiasts.
Sponsor local events to expand brand awareness and improve customer feelings of the brand
Expand marketing taking advantages of social media
Endorse other athletes more related to the new target markets
Provide custom design capabilities to achieve points of parity with competitors and allow a better relationship to be built with clients
Tough competition from leading market brands (Adidas, Nike, Asics)
Counterfeit products readily available from many countries
Customer expectations and choice constantly rising through new brands and technology.
- 54% Females
- 19 to 28 years (91%)
- 3 Females,
- 20 to 25 years
Puma will build on their associations and create a newer image of “youth, fun, excitement”
• Social media is all around the world now (how many users for facebook, for Instagram)
• “Instagram/Facebook Monthly Competition”
• Each month there will be a different theme (types of sports like football, golf, running, etc)
• Develop a Puma App for smartphones
• Use the Puma App while running/walking to collect miles/steps
• Users who choose the running category:
- Example: every 1km ran, receive 10 points
- Collect points to redeem Puma e-vouchers (100points, $10 e-voucher)
• While persuading users to collect points for the e-vouchers, it also promotes healthy living (exercising, walking)
• Receives benefits while improving your health
"This brand's shoes are of high performance"
"Thinking about the personality of Puma, tell us your thoughts on the following descriptions."
"When you think about sport shoes, what comes to mind?"
"What do you think about the brand Puma?"
"This is a brand I will consider buying from."
"How likely will you talk with others about Puma?"
Provide shoes designed for multiple uses such as casual wear, training, and various sports including football, running etc.
Puma is classed as a high end athletic shoe, along with Nike, Adidas, Asics, and New Balance
Similar base design for shoes to satisfy expected product level
High quality shoes with competitive pricing
Cobra Golf - Golf Clubs, Cobra Golf Clubs, BiO CELL, Puma Golf. (2014). Retrieved 31 August, 2014, from http://www.cobragolf.se/
Murdock, Nadia. (2013, October 11). Project Pink via PUMA. Retrieved 31 August, 2014, from http://www.examiner.com/article/project-pink-via-puma
(Puma Brand Story.). Retrieved 31 August, 2014, from http://fashiongear.fibre2fashion.com/brand-story/puma/
(Puma History.). Retrieved 30 August, 2014, from http://www.theshoegame.com/Puma-History.html
. PUMA's Business Strategy. (2014).
SportLifestyle: Signature Style Performance Athletic Apparel | Puma. (2014). from http://www.puma.com
Team, PUMA RUNNING | The Running. (2012). Faas 350 Wins Another Medal - Voted "Best Value" by Competitor Magazine. from http://brand.puma.com/running/news/faas-350-wins-another-medal-voted-best-value-by-competitor-magazine
Aim to be the "fastest brand in the world"
- Light & agile products
- Weight difference: 30 to 60 grams