Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Diffraction Gratings
As we compare the interference of light through different slit configurations, Diffraction gratings produce the larges angles for fringe spacing.
This is due to the very small distance between the multiple slits
The same principles and equations from the double slit experiment apply here.
Only real difference is, you cannot use a small angle approximation with Diffraction gratings.
A diffraction grating having 750 lines per millimeter is illuminated by a laser with wavelength 583 nm produces an interference pattern on a screen 1.5 m away. What is the distance from the central maximum to the first order bright fringe?
How many bright fringes could be seen on the screen in the previous problem, and how big would the screen need to be?