Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Thorndike's S-R Theory
Transcript of Thorndike's S-R Theory
- The Law of Exercise
- The Law of Effect Law of Disuse The Law of Readiness – this law is related to maturation - this states that when an organism is ready to form connections to do so is satisfying and not to do so is annoying. - Thorndike believed that readiness is an important condition of learning, because satisfaction or frustration depends on individual's state of readiness. The Law or Exercise - states that any connection is strengthened in proportion to the number of times it occurs and in proportion to the average vigor and duration of the connection. - is made up of two parts:
the Law of Use
the Law of Disuse The Law of Use - this asserts that, other things being equal, the more frequently a modifiable connection between a situation and response is used, the stronger is that connection. - this asserts that, other things being equal, when a modifiable connection between a situation and response is not used over a period of time, the strength of that connection is weakened.