Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of "Charles" Prezi
- rude kindergartener
- troublemaker in the classroom
"At lunch he spoke insolently to his father, spilled his baby sister's milk, and remarked that his teacher said we were not to take the name of the lord in vain."
"Today Charles hit the teacher." - the protagonist of the story is Laurie's mom
- loving, caring
- mother of two children
- story is told from her perspective
"Do you think kindergarten is too unsettling for
Laurie? ... this Charles boy sounds like such a bad influence." - Laurie starts kindergarten
- Laurie talks about a boy named Charles, a student in Laurie's class who misbehaves
- Laurie tells that Charles hit the teacher, and the parents become more interested in Laurie's stories of Charles
- Laurie tells how Charles got better over the course of the week
-Laurie's mom talks to the teacher, and when she brings up Charles, the teacher tells her that their is no Charles in her class.
"Well, Charles was bad again today ... Today Charles hit the teacher."
"'Charles?' she said. 'We don't have any Charles in the Kindergarten.'" POV - first person
"The day my son Laurie started kindergarten ..." Theme - Do not always believe what one person or source says or be gullible, for they could change the story. Setting Antagonist Protagonist Plot - Laurie's house
- Kindergarten Classroom
- time period is not stated, but probably
in the 1960-1970s
"He came home the same way, the front door slamming open, his cap on the floor ..." Conflict Conflict of the story is that Laurie lies to his
parents about his behavior in school, using "Charles".
When Laurie's mom talks to the teacher about Charles, the teacher tells her, to her surprise, that there is no Charles. Also, the teacher says that Laurie had some trouble adapting to Kindergarten. The reader is led to believe that the mother finds out that Laurie has been lying about "Charles".