Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Nature, Concepts and Purposes of Curriculum
Transcript of Copy of Nature, Concepts and Purposes of Curriculum
EDUC 26.1 EDE Components of Curriculum and Curricular Approaches A formal curriculum is embedded in a formal institution called SCHOOL Component 1- Curriculum Aims, Goals and Objectives Elements/Components of the Curriculum 1. Aims, Goals and Objectives 2. Subject Matter 3. Learning Experiences 4. Evaluation Approaches A SCHOOL is either run by the GOVERNMENT or PRIVATE SECTOR Legal Bases for the Philippine Education System 1987 Philippine Constitution Section 3. (1) All educational institutions shall include the study of the Constitution as part of the curricula.
(2) They shall inculcate patriotism and nationalism, foster love of humanity, respect for human rights, appreciation of the role of national heroes in the historical development of the country, teach the rights and duties of citizenship, strengthen ethical and spiritual values, develop moral character and personal discipline, encourage critical and creative thinking, broaden scientific and technological knowledge, and promote vocational efficiency. ARTICLE XIV
EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ARTS,
CULTURE AND SPORTS The Philippine Educational System has 3 levels Primary Secondary Tertiary Legal Bases for the Philippine Education System Education Act of 1982 ARTICLE III
THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS
Formal Education Sec. 21. Objectives of Elementary Education. — The objectives of elementary education are:
1. To provide the knowledge and develop the skills, attitudes, and values essential to personal development and necessary for living in and contributing to a developing and changing social milieu;
2. To provide learning experiences which increase the child's awareness of and responsiveness to the changes in and just demands of society and to prepare him for constructive and effective involvement;
3. To promote and intensify the child's knowledge of, identification with, and love for the nation and the people to which he belongs; and
4. To promote work experiences which develop the child's orientation to the world of work and creativity and prepare himself to engage in honest and gainful work. Sec. 22. Objectives of Secondary Education. — The objectives of secondary education are:
1. To continue to promote the objectives of elementary education; and
2. To discover and enhance the different aptitudes and interests of the students so as to equip him with skills for productive endeavor and/or prepare him for tertiary schooling. Sec. 23. Objective of Tertiary Education. — The objectives of tertiary education are:
1. To provide a general education program that will promote national identity, cultural consciousness, moral integrity and spiritual vigor;
2. To train the nation's manpower in the skills required for national development;
3. To develop the professions that will provide leadership for the nation; and
4. To advance knowledge through research work and apply new knowledge for improving the quality of human life and responding effectively to changing societal needs and conditions. Each school should be guided by its
VISION, MISSION and GOALS. VISION- is a clear concept of what the institution would like to become in the future
- focal point or unifying element
- guiding post
- can be very ambitious MISSION- spells out how the school intends to carry out its VISION
- targets to produce the kind of persons the students will become after having been educated over a certain period of time GOALS- are broad statements or intents to be accomplished
The Philippine Science High School, operating under one System of Governance and Management, provides scholarships to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics.
The PSHS offers an education that is humanistic in spirit, global in perspective, and patriotic in orientation. It is based on a curriculum that emphasizes science and mathematics and the development of well-rounded individuals.
The PSHS prepares its students for careers in Science and Technology and contributes to nation building by helping the country attain a critical mass of professionals and leaders in Science and Technology. Philippine Science High School Vision
The Philippine Science High School Scholar,
nurtured by competent faculty and staff,
has a scientific mind and a passion for excellence,
is dedicated to the service of country
and committed to the pursuit of truth. Philosophy
The main purpose of the PSHS education is the integral development of its scholars.
Each PSHS scholar has unique giftedness and potentials which should be recognized and nurtured so that each one develops them to the fullest extent possible.
The PSHS special science curriculum engenders in our scholars a passion for learning and inspires them to choose careers in science and technology and so contribute to national development.
The PSHS is most effective in an environment characterized by all-around performance excellence, a dynamic and collaborative leadership, outstanding facilities, resources and support alliances, and an unswerving commitment of service to the nation and to one another. Don Bosco Manila Vision Statement
An educating community committed to the education of the whole person in the spirit and style of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello- accompanying the young in their journey of formation towards becoming mature apostles among their peers, builders of a Christian community as women and men of Christian conscience, commitment, competency, and social responsibility. Mission Statement
As an FMA Educating Community dedicated to the integral formation of the young with preference for those affected by different forms of poverty, we commit ourselves as:
• An Academic Community which offers the young quality academic and cultural formation animated by faith that serves with joy.
• A Filipino School which educates the young in the appreciation, preservation, and enrichment of our nation's culture and heritage in the spirit of stewardship thus contributing to the building of a just and humane society.
• A Catholic School which guides the young to discover for themselves the deep joy of friendship with Christ and the motherly guidance of Mary making them persons capable of right judgement, mature and responsible choices and service to others.
• A Salesian School which lives the Preventive System with its essential elements of reason, religion and loving kindness as an experience of communion and celebration of life shared among educators and with the young journeying together towards holiness. Liceo de Cagayan University Mission
The University is committed to deliver quality education to her constituents, cognizant of possible opportunities for global integration through instruction, research, and community involvement. Vision
The University strives to be the leading academic institution that prepares men and women with minds and hearts true to the Filipino heritage, imbued with a sense of responsible leadership in the various professions, and anchored on total human formation so as to enhance the quality of work life in the service ofGod, Country and Humanity. Vision
An academic paradise of higher learning actively committed to the total development of people for a globally sustainable environment and humane society. Central Mindanao University Mission
To advance the frontiers of knowledge for economic prosperity, moral integrity, social and cultural sensitivity, and environmental consciousness through equitable access to quality instruction, research, extension and production.