Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Lufthansa
1. The company
2. Company Figures
3. Operating industry
4. CSR strategy
4.1 Reference to European
5. Corporate Citizenship
The Lufthansa Group is an aviation group with global operations and a total of more than 400 subsidiaries and associated companies.
Divided into 5 business segments:
Corporate Social Responsibility
"The responsible handling of people and the environment is an integral component of the corporate philosophy and a significant success factor for the Lufthansa Group."
Chairman of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Corporate Social Responsibility
Climate and Environmental Responsibility
Corporate Governance and Compliance
Corporate Responsibility Council (CRC)
interdisciplinary/ interdepartmental committee situated at upper management level
Sustainability report "Balance"
Group strategy rests on four pillars
increasing company value
expanding the leading market position of airlines and service companies by actively
shaping the aviation industry
continually improving customer satisfaction with product and service quality, technology and safety
economically and ecologically sustainable
Lufthansa supports the Gürzenich Orchestra (since 2010)
Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music: Enables artists, choirs and orchestras to work together
New Year's Concert in Berlin (since 1997)
young elite athletes
with the German
Sport Aid Foundation
founded in 1999 by employees
international projects: hospitals, schools, orphanages, start ups
financial and logistical means
medical help for people in Nairobi
founded with German physicians
tickets for physicians and transport of medical equipment
during the Typhoon
in the Philippines
The company invests in the latest technology to help the environment
CEO of the Deutsche Lufthansa AG
"Less fuel consumption, less CO2 emissions and less noise: The aircraft on order will enable us to make a quantum leap in efficiency."
Thanks for your attention!
"The European Commission has previously defined Corporate Social responsibility as a concept
whereby companies integrate
social and environmental concerns
in their business operations
and their interaction with their
CSR and the European Commission
Corporate Social Responsibility at Lufthansa
1. Passenger Airline Group
is one of the world’s leading independent providers of aircraft-related technical services.
5. IT Services
- leading global
- Deutscher Aero Llyod and Junkers Luftverkehr joined to found “Deutsche Luft Hansa AG” (Public Company)
- In the middle of the war, the government obligated Lufthansa by law to provide services, transport flights and technical operations.
- Two companies named Deutsche Lufthansa took to the skies – one on each side of the Iron Curtain.
- Reunited Germany, Lufthansa returned to Berlin.
- Lufthansa founded with other airlines the Star Alliance and was fully privatized (1997).
- Some other airlines are integrated to the group.
The Lufthansa Group had 117,000 employees by the end of 2012, and achieved total operating revenue of EUR 30.1 billion for the year, increasing its revenue by 4.9%.
. B2B . Services . Competitors
. B2C . Industries
Lufthansa’s business structure
Lufthansa Cargo AG
, cargo airline that operates worldwide
--> Lufthansa Charter, efficient booking for tour operators
Swiss International Airlines and Air Dolomiti
Star Alliance, cooperation between different partnered airlines (Miles, connections, …)
Amadeaus : Booking reservations management
- Companies, business traveling of their employees
- Traveling agencies, hotels, car locations: cooperation
- Maintenance and Engineering of the carriers
- Catering (food and drinks)
- Flights with rewards programs (“miles”)
- Hotels booking (special offers, “Angebot”)
- Car locations (the easiest way of transportation)
Microsoft partner (competence in communication, data platform, messaging and collaboration)
--> Efficiency, reduced costs and increasing profits
- Industry infrastructure (Engineering)
- Transportation and logistics
- Media and publishing
- Healthcare and Human resources
Main competitors in intercontinental traffic:
Air France – KLM
IAG: International Air Group (fusion of British Airways and Iberia)
US carriers (Delta and American Airlines)
Fast growth of Gulf region (Emirates, Qatar Airlines, …)
Commercial partnership competitors:
SkyTeam and oneworld
Main competitors in Europe:
Low-cost carriers (Ryanair and Easyjet)
risk and opportunity management system
Environmental Strategy 2020
"The Social Responsibility of Business is to increase its profits"
"There is only one social responsibility of business- to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud."
CSR as a way of "generating goodwill as a by- product of expenditures that are entirely justified in its own self- interest"
"hypocritical window- dressing"
"Business as a whole cannot have responsibilities".
"Of course, the corporate executive is also a person of its own right. As a person, he may have other responsibilities that he recognizes or assumes voluntarily. (...) But in these respects, he is acting as a principal, not an agent; he is spending his own money or time or energy. (...) If these are 'social responsibilities', they are social responsibilities of individuals, not of business."