Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Culture in India
Transcript of Culture in India
THE CASTE SYSTEM
FAMILY IN INDIA
FOOD IN INDIA
Large variety of regional dishes making use of local spices, herbs, vegetables, and fruits.
An Incredible Rich History
- From the origins to the Moghol empire (until the 18th century)
- Colonialist period from 1848 to 1947
- Independence of India ( non-violence civil disobedience) and first constitution in 1950
History of India divided in three eras
Oldest human tracks 30 000 years ago...
VALUES & BELIEFS
- Soul or "aatma"
- Respect to elders
- Arranged marriages
- Yoga and meditation
CUSTOMS & TRADITION
* Behaviors in temples and other holy places
* Vegetarian food
* Left Hand/Right Hand
* Bad powers
The National Flag of India
The National Emblem of India
It celebrates the sun journey into the northern hemisphere
Holi: "Colours Festival"
The Hindu festival that welcomes Spring and celebrates the new life and energy of the season
It symbolizes the triumph of good over evil and marks the start of autumn
DIWALI: The Hindu festival of lights
It celebrates the victory of good over evil, light over darkness and knowledge over ignorance
India is a secular republic and protects the rights of citizens to worship and propagate any religion or faith
* Hinduism is the world's third largest religion, after Christianity and Islam
* Hindus believe in only one God: not polytheistic
* The important deities: Vishnu, Shiva, Ganesha or Lakshmi
*Hinduism includes numerous traditions and prescriptions based on karma
Religion is an important force in India, visible in many aspects of life
INDIAN FILMS INDUSTRY
* 1st projection 1896
* 1st Films Industry in the world
* Globalized industry
* Wide range of films
*Misunderstanding from Western culture
* Most famous indians type of films
* Ambassador of the Indian Culture
* World's seventh biggest country
* 28 culturally different states
* 7 union territories
* Five main rivers (the most important: the Ganges)
Important roles in the lives of the Indian people
QUICK FACTS ABOUT INDIA
* The meaning of the word "India": Western transliteration of the Sanskrit word "Sindhu," meaning "body of water"
* World’s second populous country in the world (1.2 billion people)
* 22 recognized spoken languages and more than 700 non-recognized
* Capital: New Delhi
* Official national language: Hindi
INEVITABLE SPOTS IN INDIA
* Varies second the region of the country, the climate and the traditions
* Costumes for daily wear and for festive occasions
*Color codes based on the religion
But where is India ?
Indian Survival Guide for foreigners
1- Forget everything you learned before
2- Avoid tourists
3- Don't gnaw your nails !
4- You must develop your apnea
5- Your stomach is your best friend
6- In sleeper, you will travel
7- Forget your private life
8- Never touch a woman in public
9- Stay calm and open your Chakras
THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION
SPORTS in INDIA
Introduced by the British, cricket is India’s most popular sport but Hockey is considered the national sport
* The current situation of the country