Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Wonders Of Cystic Fibrosis
Transcript of The Wonders Of Cystic Fibrosis
Period 8 What are mutations? How are they related to DNA?
Mutations are gene defects. They are realated to DNA because mutations have the ability to change DNA. Question 2 What effect does your disorder have on human health?
It effects the respiratory system and the digestive system. Question 4 Question 1 Describe the structure and function of DNA.
Its structure is a double helix. Its function is to replicate genetic information What "specififc mutation" causes your disorder?
Delta F508. Question 5 How does your disorder impact the U.S.? How does your disorder impact the world? How is the impact similar and different?
Cystic fibrosis impacts the U.S. because people that have this disease could be facing economic problems. It impacts the world because people who have this disease especially teens or kids could be dealing with pressure because they want to do things they cant. The impacts are similar because they both have to do with the disease and they are different because economic problem and pressure problems are kinda different.
Question 3 Question 6 What treatments/medications are used to treat your disorder?
There is no cure for Cystic fibrosis but people do do treatments like:
- chest physical therapy
- inhaled antibiotics
- pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy
- gene therapy Question 7 What current research is being done for your disorder?
Scientists are making advances towards Gene therapy to be able to repair the Cystic Fibrosis gene that causes the disease.