Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ancient Civilizations Review
Transcript of Ancient Civilizations Review
1. Life is suffering
2. People suffer because of desire.
3. The only way not to suffer is to have no desires.
4. The 8 fold path is a way to end suffering and to end reincarnation. Early Humans were hunter gatherers. They were nomadic, that means they moved constantly in search of food. Early man made tools and weapons out of stones, bones and antlers. Early humans made many adaptations to survive in their environment. They made warm clothing and sheleter to adapt to the ice age. The Nile River was very important to Egyptians. Buddhism was spread to China from India. Taoism(Daoism) stressed living in harmony with nature. Confucius taught the idea of filial piety which means respect for ones parents. He worked to bring about harmony in families during the era of the warring states. 3 Schools of Thought
(Ways of Thinkinging) The Han Dynasty introduced the Silk Road
which brought goods, ideas and wealth to China. While Qin Shi Huangdi ruled China, he built many roads and canals, built the Great Wall of China and introduced a common currency. Coin Athens created a direct democracy
and focused on trade and culture. Sparta developed a militaristic
government.Each boy was trained to be
a warrior at a young age. Major accomplishments include:
first Olympic games
world’s first democracy
philosophy (Socrates, Plato, Aristotle), literature
written history Greek ideas of art and architecture
influence styles today. Does this look familiar? Do you notice the similarity? Greece is very mountainous. This led to the development of small independent city states. Each with their own government. Two very important city states were Sparta and Athens. During the Persian Wars Athens and Sparta were allies. Later, during the Peloponnesian War, they were enemies.