Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of frank lloyd wright powerpoint
Transcript of Copy of frank lloyd wright powerpoint
Images from Shutterstock.com The Architect "I believe in god, only I call it nature"
- Frank Lloyd Wright Philosophy of Art Frank Lloyd Wright used many principles of art, such as variety in size & shape. Five Favorites Small Beginnings... & Endings - Fallingwater-1935, south of Pittsburgh, PA
- Home & Studio-1889, Oak Park, IL
- Taliesin Studio-1911, Spring Green, WI
- Guggenheim Museum-1959, New York, NY
- Ennis House-1924, Los Angeles, Ca Much of Frank's designs included & preserved natural pieces, such as a tree IN the house. Much of this encourages & proves that you can build in, throughout & around nature, not on top of it. Elements of his art included this, as well as lots of geometric shapes, horizontal & vertical lines & art deco designs. Ingenuity in Design Frank Lincoln Wright was born in the United States on June 8th, 1867. His parents, William & Anna Lloyd, raised him in the farming town of Richmond Center, Wisconsin. He attended The University of Wisconsin, and later died on April 9th, 1959. Compare & Contrast Frank often mixed modern art with the naturalistic roots of life & built his designs in his "organic architecture." Many architects presently don't think twice about cutting down whatever is in their way. MATERIALS USED - Various woods
- Steel (for bones of buildings)
-Stucco THE IMPORTANCE OF HIS WORK - Wright's distinctive and original style made him a designer that was ahead of his time. His work has and continues to influence architects and interior designers all around the world. FALLING WATER My favorite, Fallingwater is very interesting because it's built over a waterfall, a perfect example of his principles, our natural roots, mixed with modern art. TO FIND OUT MORE, DOWNLOAD THE APP: WHAT HE DESIGNED - Furniture
- Skyscrapers Frank Lloyd Wright
By: Stephanie Friedman
4/3/2013 INFLUENCES - Nature and the surrounding organic elements in the environment. SPECIAL TECHNOLOGIES - There weren't many forms of technology when Frank Lloyd Wright was around THANK YOU