Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Our Nation
2. The material used to make our paper currency is linen and cotton.
3. Five new features were added starting in 1996. Name three of the five.
A. A universal Federal Reserve seal rather than individual seals
B. Larger, slightly off-center portrait that incorporates more detail.
C. Security thread, polyester thread identifies denomination.
4. The first series of US Bank notes were issued in 1708.
5. What is the life expectancy of a 1$ bill? 18-22 Months. Library of congress World War II Vietnam Veterans Memorial Air Force Memorial Arlington Cemetary Ford's Theatre US Holocaust Memorial Museum 1. The Holocaust occured during what war? World War II 2. The holocaust was a state-run, systematic annihilation of European Jews (and other Ethnic groups) by Nazi Germany and its allies between1933 and 1945. 3. Name the German dictator of this war: Adolf Hitler 4. The permanent exhibit is divided into 3 parts. Name them:1. Nazi assault 2. Final solution 3. Last chapter 5. The 1.5 million children murdered in the holocaust are memorialized by the Children's Tile Wall containing over 3,000 tiles. 6. On the wall by the entrance, you will find the statement, "You are my witness," Isaiah 43:10 1. Ford's Theatre became a living memorial to President Abraham Lincoln when it reopened in 1968. 2. Name Lincoln's guests on that fateful evening of his shooting. A. Majors Henry Rathbone B. Miss Clara Harris 3. The assassin, John Wilkes Booth, was a well known actor and member of a "Southern Sympathyzer" group. The Kennedy Center 1. The Kennedy Center serves two purposes. Name them.
1. Presidential Memorial 2. Nation's Cultural Center 2. The Kennedy Center houses six theaters. List four of them. A. Concert Hall B. Opera House C. Eisenhower Theater D. Film Theater 3. What connection do the following have to President Kennedy and/ or the Center?
a. Dwight David Eisenhower- proposed cultural center for USA
b. Edward Durell Stone- Desighned Kennedy Center
c. Leonard Bernstein- Created MASS for the opening of the Kennedy Center
d. Abraham Lincoln- Was elected in 1860 Kennedy was elected 100 years later in 1960
e. Albert Einstein- Kennedy and Einstein both had A.D.H.D. 1. Name the three buildings which comprimise the library of congress.
A. Thomas Jefferson building B. John Adams building C. James Madison building 2. What was the primary purpose for the establishment of the library of Congress? Transfer seat of government of Philedelphia to Washington, which was the new country capital 3. Check the items below which pertain to the Library of Congress.
+ is the largest library in the world
+ must be sixteen to borrow from the library + has an original Gutenburg Bible, printed in 1450 + was housed in the Capitol Building + Thomas Jefferson donated his books to the original building 1. This memorial is dedicated to the service of 16 million service men and women 4. The smallest book in the library of Congress is about the size of a period. The name of the book is "Old King Cole." 5. The Jefferson building is known for its beautiful interior. 1. The Air Force Memorial was opened to the public on 10-14-06 3. The honor Guard Statue is 8 feet tall and represents men and women who served in the U.S. airforce. Pentagon 9/11 Memorial 1. The pentagon 9/1 Memorial opened to the public on September 11, 2001. 2. A wall of 4,048 gold stars represents the sacrifice of 405,000 American lives. 3. Fifty-six granite columns show the unity of 48 states, 7 federal territories, and the service of 16 million mambers of the armed forces. 4. On May 12, 1942, Congress passed a bill creating the Women's Army Auxiliary Carps otherwise known as the WAACs. Korean War Veterans Memorial 1. There are 19 cast stainless steel statues. They average 7 feet tall and represent an ethnic cross section of America. 1. Dedicated on November 13, 1982, this memorial lists over 58,000 names of those who have sacrificed for our freedom. 3. Due to the contraversy surrounding the wall design, what was added to the memorial site eight months later as a comprimise? "The vietnam war was one of the longest and most controversial wars in the United States history." 4. The Vietnam Memorial was built entirely by private funds. TRUE or false 2. The wall was designed by a Chinese American Stonemason, Maya Lin, of Athens, Ohio 2. These statues are reflected in the black granite wall. This gives us a total of 38 images. This number represents the 38th parrallel as well as the 38 months of the war. 3. The Korean Conflict has been called the "forgotten war"; the granite wall of 15 army men, 2 marines, 1 Navy medic, and 1 air force observer. 2. Three stainless steel spires soar into the air representing the air force and the spirit of flight. 2. One cantilevered bench was placed for each of the 184 persons that died. Each bench weighs 1,100 pounds and is 14 feet long. 3. A limestone block was cut from the damaged walls of the Pentagon.It is called the Zero line and was placed at the gateway area of the memorial. It reads: This happened, we don't know why, and we don't know what it means. 4. Whan reading the victims' name on a bench, you will know if they were on Flight 77 because you look up and see the facade of the pentagon 4. On what date was Lincoln shot? April 14, 1865
On what date did Lincoln die? April 15, 1865
How old was Lincoln whaen he died? 56
Where did President Lincoln die? The Peterson House 1. Arlington Cemetery is not located in the District of Columbia. In what state is it located, and which bridge would you cross to enter the main gate? Virginia , Memorial Bridge 2. The Lees occupied Arlington House from 1831 until 1861, never to return again. Why was the property confiscated from the Lees in 1864? failed to pay $92 and change property taxes in person 3. Why didn't Robert E. Lee hold the land title to the Arlington Estate? The government bought the estate 4. At Arlington House, why does the flag fly " half-staff" Monday through Friday? For funerals 5. How does the actual size of Arlington Cemetary today compare to its original size in 1864? 1864-26 people Today- 260,00 people 6.What is the inscription on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier? Beneath this stone lies a soldier who died of wounds and sickness during the revolutionary war. 7. Who was the most decorated soldier during WWII, buried at Arlington Cemetery?
Audie Murphie 8. How many presidents are buried in Arlington Cemetery? Two
Name them: John F. Kennedy and William Howard Taft 5. Four symbols have been designated for use on the wall. Please tell what they stand for and which symbol has NOT YET been used.
1. body has not been found
2. body has been found
3. When a veteran on the wall is alive
4. 6. A second sculpture was added in 1984. This was the first time women had been honored for their patriotic service. Eight women are listed on the wall. Name the women from Ohio. Sharon Ann Love when the body was found after they said that it was not found /has not been used on the wall yet