Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
2010 Chile Earthquake
Transcript of 2010 Chile Earthquake
February 27, 2010
Long/Short Term Effects
Lots of rebuilding (ongoing)
Damaged the tourism industry
May have increased the chance of another EQ
Altered coast line
Food Scarcity: Rise in food costs
Flour and Beer
Close down of ariports and coastal ports
Looting and Prison Breaks
Nazca Plate is subducting under the South American Plate
(about 3 in/yr)
Convergent Boundary, Thrust Fault
At approximately 3:34 AM, Magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck.
(sixth largest earthquake to be recorded by a seismograph).
The Earthquake is said to have lasted about 3 minutes.
525 casualties, 25 Missing
(Reported by January 2011)
$30 Billion in damage
(Warnings throughout the Pacific Ocean: 53 countries)