Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Skin & Body Membranes
Transcript of Skin & Body Membranes
by Joel David Hutson
College of Lake County
D. List the four basic tissues of the human body & describe their basic structures & functions.
E. Describe the various organ systems within the human body & explain their basic functions.
F. Identify the major structural components of the integumentary system (including the three basic layers of the skin) & describe their functions.
i. your skin is your first line of defense against
pathogens, parasites & the external environment
ii. your body's membranes help
physically separate your tissues, organs, organ systems & therefore their functions
iii. your body membranes, especially your epithelial membranes, are essential for performing various acts of diffusion:
absorption, filtration, secretion.
symbiosis (with "good bacteria,
or "flora & fauna")