Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Skin & Body Membranes
Transcript of Skin & Body Membranes
by Joel David Hutson
College of Lake County
D. List the four basic tissues of the human body & describe their basic structures & functions.
E. Describe the various organ systems within the human body & explain their basic functions.
F. Identify the major structural components of the integumentary system (including the three basic layers of the skin) & describe their functions.
i. your skin is your first line of defense against
pathogens, parasites & the external environment
ii. your body's membranes help
physically separate your tissues, organs, organ systems & therefore their functions
iii. your body membranes, especially your epithelial membranes, are essential for performing various acts of diffusion:
absorption, filtration, secretion.
symbiosis (with "good bacteria,
or "flora & fauna")