Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Black Friday - 10/09/15
Transcript of Black Friday - 10/09/15
- 65% of all UK retailers took part in 2014.
- Black friday alone accounted for
of UK pos
volume in 2014 (12% of the US).
- Sales increased by 24% YOY reaching £810m on the Friday alone
1.3billion over the total weekend.
- Not all incremental.... VISA reported only a +2.0% increase of in store
purchases for November with online declining by 0.2% YOY.
- Specialbuys sales increased by +37.10% week on week during the Black
- Monday following Black Friday.
- 1.2% of online annual sales took
place on Cyber Monday.
- 15th July 2015.
- Launched in 2015 to mark their
- Only available for prime customers
(£79 Subscription fee).
COMPETITION BY RETAILER
- 66% of Customers were positive.
- Our advert won the Grocer's quote of the year.
- Violence was an issue in other retailers.
- Retailers criticised for baiting customers with limited volume.
2015 MARKET EXPECTATIONS
- Rise in online sales.
- Amazon will focus on their Amazon Prime day.
- Discounters to participate.
2015 ALDI STRATEGY
- EDLP strategy on all lines.
- Position products on the Thursday before Black Friday.
- Drive the 'When it's gone it's gone' mechanic.
- Review 2015 strategy and how the market reacts.
- Track Cyber Monday sales to assist opportunity.
- Report back in 2016 with a review and 2017 strategy.
48 inch 4K TV