Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SNSPA guest lecture - contingency theory
Transcript of SNSPA guest lecture - contingency theory
18.000 tweets (540.000 reach)
180.000 combined views of YouTube videos
(Cancel, Cameron, Sallot, & Mitrook, 1997)
Contingency theory of conflict management
(1) The size of the organization
(2) Corporate culture
(3) Business exposure
(4) Public relations to dominant coalition
(5) Dominant coalition enlightenment
(6) Individual characteristics of key individuals, like the CEO
(Cancel, Mitrook, & Cameron, 1999)
(1) Urgency of the situation
(2) Characteristics of the other public
(3) Potential or obvious threats
(4) Potential costs or benefit for the organization from choosing the various stances
(Cancel, Mitrook, & Cameron, 1999).
Plan for a crisis
Identify general and specific vulnerabilities
Identify key stakeholders
Identify key team members
Identify appropriate communication channels
Determine post-crisis communication
(Pang, Cropp and Cameron, 2003)
Northen Light Search
Escalation a la Amy's
Reply to everyone
Respond to trolls
React right away
Reddit is for the weak
Never walk away
Amy's have deleted their posts from their Facebook page.
Since then they have closed the bakery, hired a PR company, reopened the store and hint to a new reality show on their Facebook page.