Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sway
Value Attribution Biases
Parts of the brain
Pleasure: Nucleus Accumbens, financial gain made
Socially inclined: Posterior Superior Temporal Sulcus, altruistic motivations
Initiator, blocker, supporter, observer The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior Definition: Our propensity to label people, ideas, or things based on our initial opinions of them.
Race and poverty Fundamental Attribution Error (form of attribution bias)
Attribute people's decisions to their internal characteristics as opposed to their environment
People rarely reserve judgement for people in positions of power Interpretation Attribution Projection Diagnosis Bias Action/Behavior Significant Connections to Management
Managers and leaders tend to be swayed by bias which affects employees and overall success as an organization
Theory X and Theory Y
Interviews Think 1 Bibliography:
3. "Sway" by Ori and Rom Brafman Definition: People's tendency to strongly prefer avoiding losses to acquiring gains.
People with higher aspirations that are not met tend to be less loss averse, but this also means that people with higher incomes or more power tend to be extremely loss averse. 2 Psychological forces can have a negative effect on organizations.
As discussed in class, managers can also use biases as tools of influences