Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Basic ALP created during PDC
Transcript of Basic ALP created during PDC
Design Course - Autumn 2012 - reading permaculture books
(books available to me
via creation of book library)
- attending urban specific
- visiting places of permaculture
interest to see theory in action How I Will Achieve This: - create facebook page to connect with others,
- share permaculture related media online
- display Promotional Material received
from permaculture association in dome
- display current & back issues of
permaculture magazine in dome
- display permaculture book library in dome
- demonstrate theory in action by example
- create blog to share ideas and my pathway How Will I Achieve This: - design 15ft diameter 2v dome using calculators
- determine requirements according to £500 budget
- source bamboo as example of a sustainable material
- recycle discarded plastic waste piping for connectors
- construct connectors, drill, bolt and connect struts
- develop dome covering and fastenings
- design and install 12v led lighting system
- catch and store solar power to portable 12v supply
- kelly kettle for hot water generation How Will I Achieve This: To fully understand the
principles and ethics of
permaculture and how I can integrate this into my life to become a living example. Where Now ??? A New Vision...Permaculture Solutions !!! I had my introduction to Permaculture @ Boom Festival, Portugal 2002 A lifelong interest in horticulture, from an early age with my grandfather, then professionally as a tutor/trainer/mentor, developing & delivering accredited learning. 2012 Major Life Changes !!! A Year of Personal Transition. Share knowledge of Permaculture, aid design and creation of sustainable habitats, combining my skills gained,
with a bit of conscious dreaming !!! What I want to Do: To create a permaculture
related book library for self reference and loan, via display at physical locations, postal service and online on a not-for-profit basis. How will I Achieve This: Ferryhill - Create permaculture book wish list
- £200 Budget (available Dec 2012)
- Obtain used but good condition where possible
- Incorporate selected horticultural books
- chosen from my personal collection
- Display available loans at various events
- via Geodesic Dome Project (2013/4)
- Investigate postal options and costs
- develop web page for service online (2013)
- review service and develop on feedback (2014) What I want to Do: To design and build a geodesic dome shelter constructed from sustainable materials and for multiple purposes at various locations. What I want to Do: To design and deliver
a series of short duration(30mins-2hrs) permaculture related workshops for delivery at various locations. How Will I Achieve This: How Will I Achieve This: How Will I Achieve This: - reading "Permaculture Teaches Guide"
- meeting periodically with permaculture
teachers in the North East England
- applying previous experience of delivering learning to new material on location
- encouraging feedback from participants in order to develop sessions delivered in dome What I want to Do: To share and promote permaculture both online and at various locations, via displaying of promotional material, encouraging discussion and by demonstration. To Be Continued...
Thanks for looking Autumn 2012 I completed my Permaculture
Design Course - Autumn 2012 Prior To My Decision To Work Toward Achieving The Diploma in Applied Permacilture Design ;0)