Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Kagan Cooperative Learning Presentation
Transcript of Copy of Kagan Cooperative Learning Presentation
Can Transform a Classroom
Ever feel like this...?
TFA Institute 2013
Grouping Strategies: Random,
A Kagan structure where students share with a partner while the partner listens. Then partners switch roles.
"Timed Pair Share"
"GAMBIT" your responses
You are...Grrreat, Grrreat, Grrreat!
Sink or Swim
Hogs vs. Logs
Quiz Quiz Trade
Timed-Pair-Share eliminates :
1. Gather all of your materials
2. Take one team formation paper.
3. Read which type of animal you are.
3. Locate your new teammates
(Find your team by making the noise of your animal! NO OTHER TALKING)
4. Sit as a team of 4
1. Teacher announces topic and amount of talk time, then provides think time.
2. Partner A shares, B listens.
3. Partner B responds with positive gambit.
4. Partners switch roles.
How to: Timed-Pair-Share
How to: Rally Coach
1. Partner A solves the problem first.
2. Partner B watches and listens, checks, coaches if necessary, and praises.
3. Partner B solves the next problem.
4. Partner A watches and listens, checks, coaches if necessary, and praises.
5. Partners repeat taking turns solving successive problems.
How to: Round Robin
1. Teacher poses a problem to which there are multiple possible responses or solutions, and provides think time.
2. Students take turns stating responses or solutions.
How to: Quiz-Quiz-Trade
1. Teacher tells students to "stand up, hand up, pair up"
2. Partner A quizzes B.
3. Partner B answers.
4. Partner A praises or coaches.
5. Partners switch roles.
6. Partners trade cards and thank each other.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 a number of times.
Take this time to look into your lesson plans for the remainder of institute, and ADD in Kagan structures that are most appropriate to support learning.
Welcome to Kagan!
The goal of our time together today is to learn why Kagan structures can increase accountability and student participation in class. In addition, we will practice and model four stellar Kagan structures that you can implement ASAP!
A. What is your favorite hobby and why?
"My favorite hobby is...
B. If you were not a teacher what else would you do?
"If I were not a teacher I would..."