Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pro-ana
weight in an unhealthy manner and idole images of emancipated or otherwise very thin individuals while indicating that weight and food are the enemies
My Research Question Why do members of the pro-ana subculture
use the internet as a safe place? Fieldwork - talked to leader of a popular pro-ana blog
called 'Pro-ana: My struggles with and My
Acceptance of Ana"
- watched documentary called 'The Truth about
- Watched a segment from The Today Show called
"Pro-ana websites turn girls on to anorexia" Course Question Are youth cultures spontaneous forms of resistance to mainstream culture, manifestations of new styles of expression, or are they products of consumer culture? Artifact 1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive
2. Being thin is more important than being healthy
3. You must buy clothes, cut your hair, take laxatives, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look thinner.
4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty
5. Though shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterward.
6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.
7. What the scale says is the most important thing.
8. Losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad.
9. You can never be too thin.
10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.