Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Youth Issues
Shanthini, Claudia, Izni, Diyana, Jessie & Sheryl Youth Issues Towards:
- Lowly educated
- Special needs (disabled, financially unstable etc.)
- Lower Social Status
- Bullying (Violence)
- Gang rape EMOTIONAL CONFLICT Caused by:
- Lack of attention/affection given by family
- (Youths) Feeling useless, unable to help loved ones
- Helping out in illegal money-lending activities
- Change in attitude
- Withdrawal MAKING A DIFFERENCE Gang Rape in India (Article) - Shows discrimination and unfair treatment to the female sex
- Issue is still not addressed by the government
- Reminder of the pervasive sexual violence that women/girls across India suffer
- The youths(girls) still live in the country with fear of being assaulted
http://www.ncdsv.org/images/sexualassaultstatistics.pdf We Not Naughty (Movie) DISCRIMINATION - ITE students put down by their other peers for not being as smart as their siblings
- Picked on for their "bad" points (studies), although they excel in other non-academic areas My Sister's Keeper
(Novel) -The oldest child often feels ignored by his parents who focus on his sister
- Became a delinquent to get attention
- Uses behavior as a mask to hide his feeling of inadequacy
-Their mother sees her younger daughter donating whatever her older daughter needs as a way of helping and saving her sick and dying daughter
- Younger daughter sees it as sacrificing herself to save her sister Bridge to Terabithia (Movie) - Two youths are considered outcasts, bullied for not conforming to societal expectations
- Withdrew and retreated into their own shells (Terabithia) By:
- Helping less fortunate, financially unstable, aged etc.
- Contributing to society
- Sacrificing time and energy Share-a-gift project by
Boys Brigade (Article) - Making an effort/ contribution to aid the needy
- Cultivates spirit of helping the needy in Singapore Dark Inside (Novel) - Opinions of youths are often disregarded
- Seen as naive, not as wise as adults
- Males looked upon as more dependable, although this is proven wrong in the book Divergent (Novel) - Continuously bullied for being different and also because others were jealous of her Morbidity of Youth, Childhood What:
- Darker side to childhood
- Not always smiles and laughter Bridge to Terabithia
(Movie) - Challenges the contemporary
- Childhood often associated with childish ignorance and pure blissfulness
- Morbid side to youth Thank you! :-)