Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ToK Presentation - Do Aliens Exist?
Transcript of ToK Presentation - Do Aliens Exist?
DO ALIENS EXIST?
Theory of Knowledge presentation
by Maxim Akbaev
1) Extraterrestrial life (from the Latin words: extra ["beyond", or "not of"] and terrestris ["of or belonging to Earth"]) is defined as life that does not originate from Earth. It is often also referred to as alien life, or simply aliens (or space aliens, to differentiate from other definitions of alien or aliens). These hypothetical forms of life range from simple bacteria-like organisms to beings far more complex than humans. 
2) Unidentified flying object (commonly abbreviated as UFO) is term referring to any aerial phenomenon whose cause can not be easily determined. Extended definition includes those objects which remain unidentified after scrutiny by expert investigators. Popular culture takes UFO as a synonym to alien spacecraft.
3) Exist : to have real being whether material or spiritual <did unicorns exist> <the largest galaxy known to exist>
a : to have being in a specified place or with respect to understood limitations or conditions <strange ideas existed in his mind>
b : to continue to be <racism still exists in society>
c : to have life or the functions of vitality <we cannot exist without oxygen>
d : to live at an inferior level or under adverse circumstances <the hungry existing from day to day> 
3) http://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/ufopercp.htm - UFO Perception
4) YouTube (aliens caught on tape, ufo footage, aliens, ufo)
5) Google images (aliens, UFO, Paul alien, spaceship)
We saw aliens => we believe in aliens => aliens exist
How do we know that video is a true evidence of
And can it be a
Почему человечество так жаждет найти "братьев" по разуму? И разве у нас это разум?! Мы убиваем природу, животных, друг друга. И на свою голову еще и братьев таких ищем?! Чего нам не живется?!
To what extent is there
The human visual system is primarily adapted to simple close-up work. It fails miserably when someone tries to do any of the following tasks:
The visual system can't determine the actual size, actual distance, actual speed, or actual altitude of an unknown object.
The visual system can't measure angles without instruments. This is probably the greatest failing of human perception:
The visual system tends to overestimate acute angles, and underestimate obtuse angles.
The visual system has great difficulty reconstructing at a later time visually observed sizes, angular sizes, lengths, complex shapes, angles, and colors.
The visual system can't measure light intensity very well at all. Humans can do this only relative to the background illumination.
The visual system is very inaccurate at comparing colors separated by space, background, or time.
Our hearing works well under ordinary circumstances, but is taxed under unusual circumstances. Here are some of the effects that are infrequently encountered:
Very low frequency and very high frequency sounds are hard to localize in direction. A low humming sound could be coming from any direction.
Sine waves are harder to localize than other sounds.
Hearing gives only an approximate direction of a sound (within a few degrees). It can't pinpoint the sound with accuracy, nor can it give any indication of distance to the sound source.
Human Sense of Smell
The human sense of smell is very weak compared to that of other animals. It is nondirectional, and in most cases, detects whatever the wind brings in. Here are some common misperceptions:
The witness assumes that the smell came from the UFO. Smells can come from many mundane activities. The UFO (or its exhaust, if any) must be upwind of the witness to be smelled.
Other Human Senses
The other human senses also can cause either misperceptions or special effects. Here are a few common effects:
Prickly or tingling sensations can be caused by things other than effects created by a UFO. Among them are:
Staying in one position too long
Readiness for something to happen
Fear of the unknown
Realization that something important may be happening
Perception that something strange may be happening
CERTAINTY is a perfect knowledge that has perfect security from any error. Every certainty must be supported by appropriate justification, which means that the appropriate evidence has to be shown.
The first approach is empirical personal experience of observer – it is usually eye witnessing.
The second one is second hand knowledge, or “somebody else has seen” case. In this case, somebody as my friend, astronomer or anybody else has seen it.
"It’s Fun to Believe in Weird Things"
1. To accept as true or real: Do you believe the news stories?
2. To credit with veracity: I believe you.
3. To expect or suppose; think: I believe they will arrive shortly.
4. To have firm faith, especially religious faith.
5. To have faith, confidence, or trust: I believe in your ability to solve the problem.
6. To have confidence in the truth or value of something: We believe in free speech.
7. To have an opinion; think: They have already left, I believe.
Can it be certain that UFOs exist?