Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Kernel Essay Reteach
Transcript of Kernel Essay Reteach
Write about 1 moment where you couldn't
stop laughing. Write about a bad clothing moment. Kernel Essay #4
1. Pick one of the moments that you added to your quicklist today. Make sure it is a level 2 or 3 experience.
2. Title it: Kernel Essay #4 20/9/11
3. Write the following below your title:
Remember, level 2 or 3 experience! Rubric
1. Make sure you have your title.
2. Make sure you write a LEVEL 2 or 3 experience!
3. Make sure you answer using complete sentences.
4. Make sure you have a good truism that FITS
with your story.
1. Where I was. 2. What happened first. 3. What happened next. 4. What happend last. 5. What I learned/realized... Kernel Essay Example
1. We were gathered at the windows watching the rain.
2. My Aunt Sue was getting dressed.
3. The phone rang, and we heard that the preacher was lost.
4. Several hours later, the wedding happened.
5. Rain and traffic can't spoil a good romance. Kernel Essay Example #2
1. I was in the hospital room with my dad while my mom was having a baby.
2. A lady came in to get us.
3. We went into Mom's hospital room.
4. I saw my baby brother for the first time.
5. Life is a miracle. Kernel Essay Example #3
1. I was at home.
2. I woke up.
3. I ate breakfast.
4. I went to school.
5. I learned that getting up
for school is a good thing. An era. The BIG picture. A moment. The small picture. I was in my house with my cousins.
My mom had bought a bag full of chili peppers to make a salsa.
I was scared to eat one of those because they are really spicy.
But then my cousin dared me to eat one for 5 or 10 dollars, so I accepted, but I only one because it was really spicy!
Making bets are fun, but completing them is the hard part.
I was at home and in bed.
I watched some thriller comic before I slept.
When I was in bed, I thought about the horrible monsters I just saw and couldn’t sleep.
So I thought of ideas to beat those monsters, and I thought when the main character kills those monsters, and I felt safe.
It’s easy to beat your imaginary fears.
Write about a moment
where you did something that you regretted. Write about time when you were nervous. "Facing My Fear" by Monika Saldivar
1. I was in my house with my cousins.
2. My mom had bought a bag full of chili peppers to make a salsa.
3. I was scared to eat one of those because they are really spicy.
4. But then my cousin dared me to eat one for 5 or 10 dollars, so I accepted, but I only ate one because it was really spicy!
5. Making bets are fun, but completing them is the hard part. "Facing My Fear" by Bill Liu
1. I was at home and in bed.
2. I watched some thriller comic before I slept.
3. When I was in bed, I thought about the horrible monsters I just saw and couldn’t sleep.
4. So I thought of ideas to beat those monsters, and I thought when the main character kills those monsters, and I felt safe.
5. It’s easy to beat your imaginary fears. “Facing My Fear” by Jody Debusschere
1. I was in an amusement park with friends.
2. My friend pulled me into a seat of this really high attraction.
3. The attraction started and I started screaming.
4. The attraction stopped and I almost killed my friend, but I wasn’t afraid anymore.
5. Not all things are as scary as you think. “Facing My Fear” by Jack Lee
1. I was at school in Korea.
2. Someone wanted to fight with me without reason.
3. I faced my fear and I fought with him, but I didn’t want to fight.
4. Suddenly, the teacher came and asked us not to fight anymore.
5. Everyone feels afraid sometimes, nonetheless, everyone has to have courage too. boring... Take a sticky note and share with your Homer partner. Ask 3 questions after your partner finishes sharing.