Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 5 Lesson 2: The Cuban missile crisis (2 of 8).
Transcript of Week 5 Lesson 2: The Cuban missile crisis (2 of 8).
Learning goal: I can explain the principal grievances that gave rise to revolutionary sentiments in the lead-up to the 1956-59 Cuban Revolutionary War, in particular during the Batista regime.
Overview of pre-revolutionary Cuba (pre-1959)
Short overview of the regime of Fulgencio Batista
Batista's daughter today in Florida
Documentary and extended response
***Watch from beginning until 20:24):
1. We will watch the documentary on Fidel Castro's revolutionary war again the regime of Fulgencio Batista.
2. Take down notes as we watch.
3. Afterwards, you will write an extended response (5-10 lines) answering the following question:
What were key grievances against the regime of Batista and how did Castro capitalise on them?
4. Class discussion to follow.