Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ISLAMOPHOBIA
The Issue, The Impact, The Solution
What is Islamophobia?
-Over the past few years, Islamophobia has risen by a shocking 62%
-Rapid increase of 105% of racism against Muslims in work-space
Is it Really There?
-Mainly started after the attacks on September 11
-Increased when Muslims started living in countries that don't have a large Muslim population.
How it Started
-37 groups whose primary goal is to hurt Muslims
-40% of Americans admit to prejudice against Muslims
-190 groups contain an Islamophobic agenda
-32 additional groups practice this action
Groups/Organizations Against Muslims
In other words, Islamophobia is a "phobia," or fear, target to/towards Muslims.
How To Prevent Islamophobia
The Effect of Islamophobia on Muslims
- Make Sure those around you have proper understanding of Islam, besides what is shown on the media
- Show them that Muslims are like ordinary people.
- Emphasize the fact that true Muslims don't terrorize others
- Be at your BEST character & always be willing to help others.
- Makes many muslims fear society.
Muslims may become insecure because they feel that they are a target for many people
May get depressed, and/or pessimistic
We Interviewed some people and their thoughts of Islamophobia...