Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ISLAMOPHOBIA
The Issue, The Impact, The Solution
What is Islamophobia?
-Over the past few years, Islamophobia has risen by a shocking 62%
-Rapid increase of 105% of racism against Muslims in work-space
Is it Really There?
-Mainly started after the attacks on September 11
-Increased when Muslims started living in countries that don't have a large Muslim population.
How it Started
-37 groups whose primary goal is to hurt Muslims
-40% of Americans admit to prejudice against Muslims
-190 groups contain an Islamophobic agenda
-32 additional groups practice this action
Groups/Organizations Against Muslims
In other words, Islamophobia is a "phobia," or fear, target to/towards Muslims.
How To Prevent Islamophobia
The Effect of Islamophobia on Muslims
- Make Sure those around you have proper understanding of Islam, besides what is shown on the media
- Show them that Muslims are like ordinary people.
- Emphasize the fact that true Muslims don't terrorize others
- Be at your BEST character & always be willing to help others.
- Makes many muslims fear society.
Muslims may become insecure because they feel that they are a target for many people
May get depressed, and/or pessimistic
We Interviewed some people and their thoughts of Islamophobia...