Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Gifted Education in Mississippi
Transcript of Gifted Education in Mississippi
In Mississippi, all first grade students are screened during the second semester using the Raven SPM (Standard Progressive Matrix). What? Where does the funding come from?
Mississippi Adequate Education Program (MAEP) provides funding for the gifted program at a reduced level according to the legislative law passed in 1997. Where? How are services delivered?
According to MAGC, each district is required to have intellectually gifted programs in grades 2-6. How? Due to cutbacks in the 2010-2011 school year, funding was cut for the other grades, and is now at the discretion of the school districts. All other evaluations should be completed by August 31 of the school year.