Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Intrinsic & Extrinsic
Transcript of Intrinsic & Extrinsic
Relevance to life & world
Sense of accomplishment
Sense of calling
Students might say when Intrinsically Motivated
"Literature interests me."
"Learning math enables me to think clearly."
I feel good when I succeed in class."
Efforts at promoting students learning.
Effort often focus on subjects instead rewards & punishments
Student are individuals, so a variety of approaches may be needed to motivate different students.
Expectations of others
Students might say when Extrinsically motivated
"I need a B- in statistics to get into business school."
"If I flunk chemistry, I will lose my scholarship."
"Our instructor will bring donuts if we do well on today's quiz."
needs to increase rewards and punishments
The main point of motivation is to get someone going to get or do something. Intrinsic motivation is from the inside, when Extrinsic motivation is from the outside. Both motivates you even when they are total opposites.