Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
World Geography Chapter 2 Part 2
Transcript of World Geography Chapter 2 Part 2
what type of vegetation grows
in a location?
2. How does population density affect how people live?
3. How does economic activity depend on land and resources of a location?
4. How can population density be shown on a thematic map?
Ticket out of
Land use shows how
people make a living
Vegetation and it's environment
World Geography Chapter 2:
A Spatial Way of Thinking
SS.912.G2.1, and SS.912.G3.2
1. Explain what effect climate has on vegetation that grows in a place
2. Analyze how population density affects how people live and how it is shown on a map
3. Explain how economic activity depends on natural resources and how it is shown on a map
Natural resources affect
- In order to survive, plants
adapt to their environment
all affect where plants grow
-Like climate zones, vegetation zones are affected by
page 32: World Vegetation Zones- list/ draw 3 in notes
- Population Density:
To find density, divide the number
of people living in a place by the location's total land area
It affects how people live
- Economic activity maps
show patterns of land use
- Economic activity depends on a country's natural resources
- Fossil Fuels
- Hydroelectric Power
Unique features define
- Geographers use maps to
organize earth's surface into
- Geographers define regions by several different ways
Ex.- Sunbelt region
What are the 7 regions shown
on page 39?
Using Thematic Maps
to Solve Problems
- As you read the article above do the following:
1. Highlight important facts to answer
the guiding question above
2. Share your findings with a partner
3. Present your answer to the class
How can a map help stop the spread of Zika?