Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cyber Predators
1.Use monitored chat-rooms
2.Avoid sending/giving personal information online (name, address, cell phone number, age, etc.)
3.Do NOT respond to somebody you do not know.
4.Do not meet up with someone that you have met online.
5.If anyone asks anything inappropriate, tell your parents or guardians.
6.Protect your privacy. * Can contact you from instant messaging, chat rooms, etc. What is grooming? * Grooming is when a cyber predator tries to establish a false trust with their prey to get them to like the predator. Predators use indirect information to prey on victims by not telling them their real age, also they the prey will tell them there favorite hobby there age, and all kinds of stuff about them to the predators and the predators will agree with them. After that the prey will think that that they are like their best friend. Statisticts- teens and predators Who is the main target of a cyber predator? 1. Person who may be less fortunate. * 1/5 of U.S teens who regularly log on to the internet say they have recieved unwanted messages to engage in sexual activities or to give personal info.
*25% of children have been exposed to unwanted pornographic material online
* Only approximately 25% of kids who encounter a sexual approach or solicitation told a parent
* 1/33 youth received an aggressive sexual solicitation in the past year
* 77% of the targets for online predators are 14 or older. Another 20% were users ages 10-13 2. Younger kids or teens. 3. Isolated or lonely. Why? Why? Why? What should you do if you or someone you know has been targeted by a cyber predator? Block & Delete! Tell an adult. Call the police. How do predators groom prey. (S.I.T.S.) Predators groom prey by trying to establish a relationship to gain a child's trust. They usually lie about their age and they never reveal their real age. The groomer will usually know music artists, clothing trends, sports team information,or another hobby the child might like. The groomer will try to relate to the child. Then once the prey gains their trust they will try to get the child to get the child to meet them and they will kidnap them.
S.I.T.S- similar Interest, Trust, Secrecy WATCH OUT ON.... Predators are everywhere *Lie about their age. Primary Goal Of Cyber Predators Cyber Predator- is someone who uses digital media to establish and manipulate a relationship with his or her victim The primary goal of a cyber predator is to get sexual things or personal info. Kacie Woody
*13 year old girl
*Killed by a "17 year old boy" CYBERSTALKING Christina Long
*13 year old honor student
*Sending emails to a 22 year old man In 2012, cyberstalking was proven to be more common than physical harrasment. Cyberstalkers usually have 4 objectives
*criminally manipulate their prey Cyberstalking is use of electronic communications
to harass or frighten someone in a threatening way Dekota, Samantha, Karlee S, Michaela, and Karlee P. Thanks for watching!!!! Any Questions??? http://www.schooltube.com/video/97c0dcc2a1794518b475/Cyber%20Safety