Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does Chewing Gum Help You Concentrate?
Transcript of Does Chewing Gum Help You Concentrate?
By: RheaShamon Harris
1. An AP Statistics class is chosen to take part in the experiment.
2. Each student is given the same multiplication test.
3. They are only given two minutes to complete the given test. (Without gum)
4. The next class period, they are given the same test again with chewing gum (Stride Spearmint).
Note: Two more trails were done using different multiplication tests and different classes.
Data: First Test (w/o gum) Second Test (w/gum)
AP 1- 87% 95%
AP 2- 84% 89%
AP 3- 91% 98%
The results shown were in direct support of my hypothesis. Student's final grades increased exponentially on the second trail given with gum. It is safe to assume that gum does indeed help people increase their speed and accuracy.
In this experiment, we will be exploring the theory that chewing gum helps people to concentrate on their work, thus increasing their speed and accuracy. There are three different groups (as stated later in this presentation) and both will act their own control group.
I believe that chewing gum will in fact help people concentrate, as well as increase people's speed and accuracy on simple cognitive tasks (such as multiplication tables).