Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hallucinogens & Mental Health
Transcript of Hallucinogens & Mental Health
- Altered perception
- Confusion between fantasy and reality.
Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
During the 1950s and early 1960s LSD was used effectively to treat alcoholism.
These treatments included taking a single dose of LSD and voyaging into an intense self-reflective session that helped patients with dependency achieve a new self-image beyond their disease.
Albert Hoffman, 1943
"The Vine of The Soul"
Ayahuasca is commonly brewed into a tea, and it contains a short acting psychotropic substance called N, N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
Ayahuasca demands the importance of ceremony. In the amazon shamans have used Ayahuasca for thousands of years because of its mental and physical healing properties.