Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Challenger Explosion
Transcript of The Challenger Explosion
-Shuttle exploded 73 seconds after liftoff
-Explosion caused by O-ring failure due to cold temperatures
-All crew members were lost
-Much anticipated mission featuring the first teacher in space
President Reagan's Address to the Nation
"We've never before lost an astronaut in space..."
The Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster
Left to right are Teacher-in-Space payload specialist Sharon Christa McAuliffe; payload specialist Gregory Jarvis; and astronauts Judith A. Resnik, mission specialist; Francis R. (Dick) Scobee, mission commander; Ronald E. McNair, mission specialist; Mike J. Smith, pilot; and Ellison S. Onizuka, mission specialist.
January 28, 1986